Will the stop Autoplay feature be making a comeback in Google Chrome for Android?
Android mobile users used to have access to a stop Autoplay feature in the Google Chrome browser which was seemingly removed some time ago. New information dug up by a reddit user seems to indicate the stop Autoplay feature could be making a come back after all.
Looking through code changes, reddit user u/Leopeva64-2 found some information that may be indicative of the stop Autoplay feature but with several options added to choose from as well.
Some of the options found include:
- All sites will be able to autoplay all content
- All sites will be able to autoplay content but with audio muted by default
- Specified sites by the user will be allowed to autoplay all content
- Specified sites by the user will be blocked from autoplaying all content
- Don’t allow any sites to autoplay any content
- Let Google Chrome decide which sites can autoplay content
These options, assuming they make their way to release, are similar to that of the Firefox browser for Android. At this time it is not clear if these set of options will be coming to the desktop Google Chrome browser natively.
Report a problem with article