Laptop horribly slow for short period
Since some weeks my laptop (HP Probook 440 G5) became horribly slow on start-up. For around 10 minutes after start-up it’s impossible to do anything, even opening the startmenu is a task it cannot complete.
Then magically after that period all problems are solved and the laptop works like a charm again.
The problem is that the laptop is so slow that i cannot open Task Manager to see which program is using up all of the CPU or RAM
- Edition Windows 10 Pro
- Version 21H1
- OS Build 19043.1110
- Installed RAM 8GB
- More than 100 GB space left on SSD harddrive
What I did so far:
- Run a complete systemscan with Kaspersky free antivirus, nothing found
- Did a disk cleanup and removed all temporary files
- Did a disk defrag, status of hard drive was ok so this seemed to have no result
- Disabled bunch of programs to run at start-up, no difference on start-up
- Did a complete reinstall of windows 10 and installed all updates through Windows Update, no difference
Apparently something is running on the background on start-up. How can i figure out what is making the laptop so slow? What information do you need to help me?