How to Print From Google Docs: Computer, Android, iPhone
- You can print from Google Docs on your computer or from the mobile app on Apple and Android devices.
- To print from the Google Docs mobile app, go to the “Share & export” page within the “More” menu.
- On a computer, you can print a Google Doc from the “File” menu.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Google Docs is a great choice for simple document creation. Not only is it free, but unlike the Microsoft Word desktop app, it lets multiple people collaborate at once, and all files are stored in the cloud for access from anywhere.
Google Docs may not be as full-featured as Microsoft Office, but it includes all the essentials, like the ability to print.
Here’s how to print from Google Docs on your computer, Android, and iPhone or iPad.
How to print from Google Docs on a computer
To print wirelessly from Google Docs, your printer needs to be connected to Wi-Fi.
1. Using any web browser, open the document you want to print in Google Docs.
2. In the toolbar at the very top of the screen, click File and select Print in the drop-down. If you’re using
, you can also click File from the toolbar within Google Docs and select Print in the drop-down to open a print details window.
3. A Print window will open up. Click the drop-down next to Destination to select a printer. If a nearby printer doesn’t appear in the list, click See more… to find and choose a printer. If you’re printing a spreadsheet, you’ll first see a Print settings page where you can configure the page settings — click Next to continue.
4. Click the blue Print button in the bottom-right corner of the window.
How to print from Google Docs on an Android
1. Download the Google Docs app on your Android device and open the document you want to print.
2. In the top-right corner of the Doc, tap the More icon, which looks like three vertical dots.
3. In the pop-up menu, select Share & export and tap Print.
4. Find and select a nearby printer.
5. Tap Print once you’ve selected your printer and print settings.
How to print from Google Docs on an iPhone or iPad
1. Download the Google Docs app on your iPhone or iPad and open the document you want to print.
2. In the top-right corner of the Doc, tap the More icon, which looks like three horizontal dots.
3. In the pop-up menu, select Share & export.
4. Choose Print on the next screen.
5. On the Printer Options page, tap Select Printer to find and select a nearby printer.
6. Tap Print in the top-right corner once you’ve selected your printer and print settings.