How to permanently delete your Cash App account and unlink it from your bank
- You can delete your
Cash Appaccount from the Account Settings page on an iPhone, iPad, or Android.
- Before you delete your account, make sure to transfer any remaining funds to your bank account.
- You should permanently delete your Cash App account before you delete the app on your device.
Related Article Module: How does Cash App work? Cash App’s primary features, explained
However, since Cash App is linked to your bank account, if you want to delete it – whether because you found another app you like better, or because you don’t use it anymore – you can’t simply delete it from your home screen like a regular app.
To get rid of Cash App, you need to permanently delete your account before you delete the app itself. Here’s how to delete your Cash App account on iPhone, iPad, or Android.
Quick tip: After you’ve deleted your account, you can always create another account with the same email address, phone number, and bank account. However, creating a new account will not restore your payment history from your previously deleted account.
How to delete your Cash App account
1. Open Cash App on your iOS or Android device. The app icon is green with a white dollar sign.
2. If you have any money in your account, be sure to transfer it to your bank before you continue. Do this by tapping the Banking icon (which looks like a house, or a bank) in the bottom-left corner, then tapping Cash Out. If you have any stocks or bitcoin, you need to sell them off before you can close your account.
3. Tap the account icon (which looks like a silhouette of a person in a circle) in the upper-right corner.
4. Tap Support.
5. At the bottom of the next screen, tap Something Else.
6. On the next page, scroll to the bottom and select Account Settings.
7. In the Account Settings menu, scroll to the option labeled Close my Cash App Account, toward the bottom of the list.
8. Tap Confirm. This will sign you out of the Cash App. A text or email confirmation will be sent to you confirming that you’ve unlinked your account. Make sure you get this email before you delete the app.
How to change your Cash App PIN on an Android or iPhone
You can’t delete your Cash App transaction history, but there’s also no need to – here’s what you need to know
How to delete your Venmo account and get a copy of your transaction history beforehand
You can have two Venmo accounts, even if they’re using the same bank account – here’s how to set it up