How to Enable WiFi Calling on Android Phones: A Complete Guide
If your Android phone supports WiFi calling, you need to enable it. This saves money and improves call quality. Here’s how to do it …
WiFi calling isn’t particularly new, but it’s a crime to know that WiFi calling exists and few people actually use it. WiFi calling is not enabled by default. As a result, many people simply don’t know that WiFi calls are available on their phones.
But in your case Android phone It supports WiFi calling, so you definitely need to use it.
Why? You can save on call charges by enabling WiFi calling on your Android phone. Also, when you make or receive a call, it is processed via WiFi, which improves quality. This is best if you live in a poor reception area. ..
Does your Android phone support WiFi calling?
WiFi Calling requires an Android smartphone to support it and a mobile operator or network to support it. If you have an Android smartphone that supports WiFi calling and you are using a carrier or network that does not allow it, you will not be able to use this feature.
Most well-known carriers and networks support WiFi calls, but if you’re using Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, AT & T, Three, EE, O2, or Vodafone, make WiFi calls on your Android phone. It should be available.
MVNOs tend not to support WiFi callsTherefore, if you are using one of these cheap carriers or networks, you may not be able to access WiFi calls on your Android phone. Basically, you need both a carrier and a phone to support it for WiFi calling to work.
How to enable WiFi calling on Android
To turn on WiFi calling on Android, you need to dig into the settings app on your smartphone. Most Android smartphones do not ship with WiFi calling enabled by default.
Fortunately, it’s easy to enable WiFi calling on Android. [設定]Go to[検索]Tap the icon and type “WiFi call” – When you see the WiFi call settings, tap it to turn on WiFi calls.
When you enable WiFi calling, your phone will be able to make and receive calls using WiFi when connected to a strong WiFi network such as your home network.
If you are using mobile data while on the go or traveling, the phone will return to mobile data (LTE or 3G) to make and receive calls.
If you don’t see the WiFi call option, your phone may not support it, or your carrier may not. Either way, that means you can’t enable WiFi calling on your Android phone.
However, this does not mean that you cannot make WiFi calls on your Android phone. In other words, you need to download the app to make WiFi calls on your Android phone.
Best WiFi calling app for Android
There are many options to choose from when it comes to WiFi calling apps for Android. Here are the best ones for WiFi calls – these are all great options.
- WhatsApp – – Everyone is using WhatsApp. You can also make calls via WhatsApp on both Android and iPhone. Calls are processed over WiFi even if you are using a home network. If you’re in a pinch, this is probably the easiest option to make a call over WiFi.
- Facebook messenger – – Like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger is used by almost everyone. And like WhatsApp, it can also be called via WiFi. Facebook Messenger is also free and supports video calling.
- Dingtone – – Dingtone is a free WiFi calling app. With Dingtone installed on your Android smartphone, you can make unlimited calls to other Dingtone users. If you want to call a number other than Dingtone, you can call by purchasing credit. You can also earn free credits by watching the ads.
- Google Duo – – Google Duo is basically Android’s answer to FaceTime. It works natively on both Android and iOS, but FaceTime doesn’t. Once installed, you can make free video calls over WiFi. Simply download the app and enter your number to call other Google Duo users for free.
- signal – – Signal is the safest IM app on the planet. Everything in Signal provides communication with another Signal user and is 100% encrypted. You can also use Signal to make free WiFi calls and make video calls. Signal is a free download and is one of the best alternatives to WhatsApp on the market today.
As you can see, making a WiFi call on Android is very easy. If you know where to look in the settings, you can always use the free WiFi calling app if your Android phone doesn’t support WiFi calling. TextNow also signal, for example.
Obviously, you can make and receive calls over WiFi directly from the dialer app on your smartphone, so it’s best to use native WiFi call support on your Android phone.
Nevertheless, TextNow, Viber, WhatsApp Suitable for making and receiving calls via WiFi. The only caveat is that the person you’re calling must also be using the application.
Other than that, third-party WiFi calling apps are almost as good as native WiFi calling.
Unlock the entire web. You can access your streaming service from anywhere. Say goodbye to censorship and restrictions.
Richard Goodwin has been a technical journalist for over a decade. He is the editor and owner of Know Your Mobile.