Best Smartwatch Watches: Android, Apple and others
Best smartwatches 2021/2022: watches with notifications and apps from Samsung, Huawei, Amazfit, Android, Apple and other models
When we buy a smartwatch , given the great variety of models available on the market today, it is important to look at the technical characteristics as well as the aesthetics of the watch, since in many cases we risk getting an old model, not very updated or a simple Chinese copy. with some significant shortcomings.
The smartwatch can be a simple mobile phone interface in which to receive notifications, or it can itself be usable as a smartphone, with the only difference being that it has a smaller screen and is worn on the wrist.
In this article we will see together which are the best smartwatch watches that you can buy at the moment, underlining for each of them the most important technical characteristics also in relation to the price, giving less importance to the aesthetic judgment (which always remains a personal choice).
Features of smartwatches
Before seeing the smartwatches on sale, let’s take a look at the technical characteristics of these devices, so that we can choose the model that suits our needs and avoid unsuccessful Chinese copies.
To be truly avant-garde we must observe the technical data sheet of the chosen smartwatch and check that there are the following characteristics:
- Connection : the presence of Bluetooth is essential for the smart watch to communicate with the smartphone in our possession. More and more devices also have Wi-Fi technology to communicate quickly with the phone and the LTE connection via eSIM (high-end models), to be able to connect to the Internet without the help of the phone.
- Display : almost all smartwatches adopt OLED or high contrast technology, which allow you to see the screen and notifications well even in bright light conditions, where usually many displays get into obvious difficulty.
- Operating system : smartwatches must also be managed and the better the operating system, the better things we can do with it. Currently the recommended systems are Wear OS (produced by Google) and Apple watchOS , but proprietary systems can also be used that can offer an experience similar to that of the systems mentioned.
- App : many phone apps automatically interface with the configured smartwatch, but on almost all modern models we can install real independent apps on the watch; the best approach also depends on our needs.
- Battery : there are many possibilities in this case, let’s choose one that lasts at least 3 days continuously with the screen always on if we don’t want to recharge our smartwatch too often.
- Strap : the strap is preferable to have it interchangeable, although there are models that offer only one type of strap and it is not possible to change it easily. By choosing a nice strap we will not disfigure and we can match it to our way of dressing.
- Contactless payments : one of the most modern features is undoubtedly the support for contactless payments, via NFC chip. By associating our payment method with services such as Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay we will be able to pay all types of expenses with the smartwatch, without having to take out your wallet or contactless pay with your smartphone.
- Smart lock : the most advanced smartwatches allow you to unlock the phone every time they detect the presence of the smartwatch nearby, so as to save time when we pick up the smartphone. On the other hand, the phone (and the smartwatch itself) go into lock screen when away or when we remove the watch from the wrist.
- Sensors for the body : modern smartwatches have advanced sensors to be able to measure the heartbeat, saturation and other vital functions of our body, so that we can monitor the progress made with the fitness apps or keep some diseases under control.
- GPS : to be able to measure the distance traveled for training or exercise away from home (cycling, running, etc.) it is essential to have GPS, to integrate the location together with that measured by the phone.
If we find all these features on the chosen smartwatch, we will have the certainty of buying a quality product, able to last over time and offer us great features.
Best smartwatches of the moment
After seeing the features to keep an eye on when buying a smartwatch, let’s see together the best models that it is advisable to buy at the moment. Many have a dedicated operating system , while modern models with Wear OS support are still rare , also due to the slow development carried out by Google. For those who want the top of the range can always focus on an Apple Watch , a guarantee in this sector.
Amazfit Bip S Lite
The cheapest smartwatch we can buy is the Amazfit Bip S Lite , which has an Always-on display, 150 Quadrants of your choice, 30 Days autonomy, waterproof certification (up to 5 ATM), Heart Rate Monitoring and Message Notifications.
This smart watch is available on Amazon for less than 40 €.
Xiaomi Mi Watch LITE
Another valid economic smartwatch is the Xiaomi Mi Watch LITE , on which we find a 1.4-inch TFT LCD display, autonomy up to 9 days with a recharge, integrated GPS, constant heart monitoring, fitness monitoring system (up to 11 types of sports) and advanced sleep monitoring system.
This smart watch is available sold and shipped by Amazon for less than 50 €.
HUAWEI WATCH FIT
If we love Huawei technology we can focus on the HUAWEI WATCH FIT smartwatch , equipped with a 1.64-inch AMOLED display, Quick-Workout animations, 10 Days autonomy, 96 Training Modes, Integrated GPS, water resistance up to 5 ATM and system Sleep monitoring.
This smart watch is available sold and shipped by Amazon for less than 100 €.
Xiaomi Mi Watch
The most powerful watch made by the Chinese house Xiaomi is the Xiaomi Mi Watch , a smartwatch equipped with a 1.39-inch AMOLED HD display, 16 days of autonomy on a single charge, integrated GPS, 117 advanced fitness modes, sleep monitoring system and water resistance up to 5 ATM.
This smart watch is available sold and shipped by Amazon for less than 150 €.
HUAWEI WATCH GT 2 Pro
In the mid-price range we can find the HUAWEI WATCH GT 2 Pro , which boasts a 1.39-inch AMOLED HD Touchscreen, 2-week autonomy with a recharge, GPS and GLONASS system, SpO2 saturation measurement, over 100 Training Modes, Calls Bluetooth and sleep monitoring system.
This smart watch is available sold and shipped by Amazon for less than 200 €.
Fossil Smartwatch Gen 5
If we want to try Google’s Wear OS operating system at all costs, we must focus on the Fossil Smartwatch Gen 5 , which boasts integration with Google assistant for voice commands, speaker for notifications, Google Pay contactless payment system, phone notifications real-time monitoring of heart rate and fitness activities.
This smart watch is available on Amazon for less than 250 €.
Samsung Galaxy Watch3
Among the most elegant smartphones that we can buy, the Samsung Galaxy Watch3 stands out , which boasts a 45mm steel case, leather strap, oximeter, drop detection, advanced sport monitoring, notification reception system, 340 mAh battery and IP68 certification.
This smart watch is available on Amazon for less than € 300.
Apple Watch Series 6
The best smartwatch we can buy is the Apple Watch Series 6 , Apple’s smartwatch that has always been a benchmark in the industry. On this watch we can answer calls and messages from the watch, take advantage of the always-on Retina display, monitor the level of oxygen in the blood, monitor heart rate and fitness activity of all kinds (over 100 types of workouts and dedicated monitors), contactless payments with Apple Pay and receive app notifications directly on the watch.
The Apple Watch Series 6 is available sold and shipped by Amazon for less than 400 €.
By choosing one of the smartwatches recommended above we will have the certainty of choosing quality products , capable of providing all the functions we are looking for from a modern smart wearable. The best is still the Apple Watch , but we can find smart watches with proprietary operating systems or watches with Wear OS that can provide all the most desired features (as also seen in the Wear OS app guide ), without having to spend a fortune. for the Apple Watch.
Still on the same topic we have seen which smartwatch to buy to connect the watch to the phone , so as to be able to dispel the last doubts about the purchase.
If we do not want to focus on a smartwatch but still want to monitor our physical activity, we can also see how to get back in shape with the App and fitness bracelets .